Saturday 27 October 2012

Death of the Uggs

I was persuaded to go to the stable this afternoon with my daughter. I should have been more wary.

    What would you expect to find in a stable of approximately thirty five horses - in the middle of a field? Excretions of both varieties? Plenty of that, but also mud. Remember, this is England the island of rain. It's always raining although there is a maliciously apocryphal rumour that it stopped once; in August 1942 apparently. However since then it hasn't stopped - ever

    So when my daughter wailed and pointed to her new Uggs, the seventh pair as I recall, her face was a picture of woe. 

    'Well why did you bring them? I've got wellies and I only come up here about three times a year. Where are yours?'
    A reasonable question I thought. That was until she fixed me with "the look."

    'You hate...'

    'Don't start.' I sighed, 'Or I'll leave your rotting corpse in the dung heap.' She glared malevolently at me, but not before staring meaningfully at the pitchfork.

    That's when I finally got it. She's had the Uggs for almost a whole week. Obviously some new, expensive and wholly useless piece of designer footwear has hit the shops. I suppose her very accommodating pony is shortly going to stamp on them or eat them or conveniently drop something steaming and wet all over them, just like it did on her last four cell phones.

10 comments:

  1. Hmm - I can see a great book - 'Misadventures With My Daughter' - taking shape very nicely here!

    Another good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but she's an absolute amateur compared to my beloved wife.

      Delete
  2. I can see this being part of a story, too! Sorry to hear about the boots and the fact you will most likely be buying new boots before too long!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just boots. I suppose the iphone 6 will be out soon or shoes with heels only slightly smaller than those supporting the Eiffel tower. And she'll soooo have to have them or she'll just die..

      Delete
  3. Yes. I agree with the first comment. It could be your revenge on your daughter.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already begun. Alas, so many books - so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart girl. No doubt that's why she wore them. Well, you can't have her not in the latest fashions, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is why she wore them but as usual it never occurred to me at the time. That's why my wallet is always empty.

      Delete

Labels