Friday 26 June 2015

I've finally done it and I'm depressed - ish

After a lot of work, more often than not at times when I should have been doing the actual job which pays my bills, I've finished the final novels which (that?) comprise my three trilogies.

    I finished the final Three Hoodies novel over a year ago, so my claim is not entirely truthful, but Progeny of Kongomato and Old Geezers 3 (no subtitle yet) are finally done. Ten years of work finished. Here are the covers I originally designed but almost certainly will not use.



    I plan (hope) to publish all three at the same time later this year.



    Which leaves me a bit of a problem. Tablets are terrific for writing but absolutely rubbish for editing. Does that mean I'll actually have to do the work for which I'm paid, and do my editing when I get home each night? Because if that's the case prepare to see all three approximately Jan 2020.

7 comments:

  1. As you well know, Roger, writing and publishing is a rather slow process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is but I still love it. I hope I live until I'm about one hundred and fifty because it will take that long just to finish all the novels I've already begun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, tablets are awful for editing. I can make notes on my Kindle but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once tried to load my whole novel onto my tablet for editing and gave it up after two hours.

      Delete
  4. I've nearly had my three score year and ten Roger; I'm not sure I can hang on until 2020! Would you really send me to my grave without knowing what happens??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, plan b. Of the three, Kongomato 3 will be ready first. And if I can't publish all together I'll just do them as they're ready. I just decided on an extra element for the finale and can't wait to put it in.

      Delete
  5. I'll be first in line to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Labels