Sunday 20 August 2017

I found something else to do this week

There are about, well I don't know, probably an infinite number of variations to the tools in ArtRage, and that's what I've been discovering this week.

    This is my first ever painting, which as you can see has hardly begun and is complete rubbish. It looks better if you don't enlarge it. 

    I'm doing it in oil which is incredibly difficult. I'd like to meet those people who post such effortless speed painting demos on YouTube and strangle them for being so smooth, or shake their hands for putting so much effort into being good. And I thought GIMP was hard.

    I will not be beaten. As soon as I've finished what I believe to be a passable painting, I'm going to begin all over again and learn water colour art. Can't wait. There's a version for android. You can guess what I'm going to get next.

    Needless to say I haven't got much; well any writing done this week. That can wait for a while. I'm enchanted with this new art package and will have so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn’t have thought of enlarging it had you not mentioned it – but you did, and I did, and you are quite right. :) Having said that it is far, far better than anything I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's finished now and I'll keep it just for me. If I get any better I may show another later, but even if I don't it's just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Labels