Wednesday 23 August 2017

Twenty six pages in one day.

Thirty pages in two days. That's an awful lot of writing for me but I'm enthused since people are dying off in a satisfactory manner and the plot nears it's end. With good sailing (of the metaphorical kind) the first draft should be finished by the end of the week. Then I'm going to take a couple of weeks off before beginning the first edit. Although that might take just a bit longer since the stylus pen arrived for my android tablet today and as I've already downloaded and paid for ArtRage for tablet I think I'll have a little play.

    I've just begun learning about pastels and the first attempt ever to paint a dog has been a bit of a disaster. It's looks like a Quatermass experiment gone wrong. You'd have to be as old as me to understand that but what I really mean is that it's rubbish. I know some people spend their entire artistic lives painting people, or pets or landscapes and do nothing else but I feel like I should expand my limited horizons even though I've always loved landscape because I can invent places that never existed before. Like this place:

   One of my faves. 

    I'll give it a few more weeks before realising that one cannot begin a completely new discipline and perfect it in a fortnight, and then just go back to landscapes. Until then I'll just have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels