Friday 23 February 2018

Finished the cover for Sods Law

It's taken me months but I've finally finished the cover for my new book. I know I've only been putting off returning to editing, but this weekend I'll begin edit number 16. As always I want this to be the best thing I've ever written and since I can't afford an editor I just have to do it myself. 

    It's amazing that every, I mean every time I edit it, I find things I don't like and have to add more and delete just as much. At 95 thousand words it's almost at my usual length for a first novel. I was trying not to freeze to death on my motorbike coming home from work the other night when a new idea occurred to me. It can't go into the first book so there'll have to be a second. So Snodden will have to wait a while. Conversely, Snodden might be the next and Arnold Pratt will have to wait his turn. Either way, I'm so glad I love writing. I just hope I get to finish them both before I freeze to death.

    This will be me if the threatened snow storm arrives tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Brrrr... Just looking at that makes me cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I painted this one day after getting stuck in Oxford Street. It was almost as bad as that.

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed that the storm misses you. We've mostly only been getting the edge of them all winter, so it could happen. (Although I heard yesterday we're above our average winter snowfall, so maybe not so much "edge".)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been promising an eye watering minus 3. It's colder than that in my garage. Bring it on.

      Delete
    2. The coldest we got this year was minus 13, which is, what ... minus 25 over there? That was pretty miserable, but we're above average and raining at the moment.

      Delete
    3. I sneer at cold. At least until I get on my motorbike tomorrow, then I'll be whimpering.

      Delete

Labels