Thursday 1 March 2012

Self pubbing - book three

Haven't had much time to post as I'm finishing the final (I hope) edit of my third book to go on Amazon. I should be ready by the end of the week. So many passive verbs, so many unnecessary words. It's amazing I missed them in previous edits. Does that mean I'm getting better as a writer or just more pedantic as I get older?

   My wife just says I'm a grumpy old sod who will never be happy with anything. But I wonder, is any writer truly ever happy with his work. I'll bet I could read my work every day and want to make changes. Maybe that does mean it's no good. Or I am really just a grumpy old sod.

3 comments:

  1. Well...if you're a perfectionist...no the book is never right even if the public believes it is. There's always room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. I'm glad it's not just me. Although that doesn't mean I might not be a grumpy old sod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son once advised me that if I continue to edit, I'll edit my book out of existence. I think after the first one, we gain the experience to catch many of these errors we make.
    Way to go - 3 books!

    ReplyDelete

Labels