Saturday 5 November 2016

I did something for the first time in almost ten years.

I don't know what you're thinking, but whatever it is - it's not that.
    Today I actually bought a book; a real book with pages. I've been reading kindles for so long, and indeed writing them that I forgot how good it is to hold a book; to smell it and hear the crackle of the pages turning. It sounds like I'm speaking of something real but I really missed them, and after flicking through Amazon for an hour looking for something new to read, I finally found one in the supermarket.

     Do you remember the flowers in my garden that somehow braved the arctic chill?
    



    Well just like last year, and the year before that my cat, Harley, fell off the kitchen window ledge and destroyed them. Whatever happened to feline grace? A miserly four feet drop and he flounders about like someone drowning and at the same time tears them all to pieces. He can barely snuffle over to his food bowl, on the rare occasion that he actually awakens, without bashing his nose into the wall.
What a klutz


4 comments:

  1. I read both books and my Kindle. Love your new flowers. Hopefully, your cat won't fall on these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But a lovely klutz I’m sure! I hope he gets through this evening without being terrified. I’m sitting at my desk watching the sky light up with what looks like hundreds of fireworks, and we live in a backwater!
    Amazing things books - will you review it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. It was written about thirty years ago. I don't even know what it's about yet.

    ReplyDelete

Labels