Saturday 3 March 2018

Found a new painting tablet

For a couple of weeks I've been scouring the net and all the shops for a new painting tablet ever since my last one finally bit the dust after six years.

    I'm afraid to admit that after the news that my favourite tech shop (Maplins) had gone into administration, I even popped into there looking for a bargain. It felt like devouring the still writhing remains of a wounded animal.

    Not that it mattered because the branch I went into didn't even know they'd gone into what in the US I believe they call Chapter 11. So much for caring management.

    Because one of my motorbikes didn't survive this week's awful arctic weather I had to replace it, leaving me almost broke. Eventually I bought one from the net. It was a reasonable price and after messing about for hours downloading up to date drivers for Win 10 and setting it to the way I prefer (which is to say a gawky left handed style), it seems to be working fine. It's a little smaller than my last one and doesn't feel the same - but it's working.

    It's called a Huion and came with four extra pen-ends. It cost me £45 if you include postage. 

    I'll let you know how it goes for the next few weeks since I've almost finished the 16th edit of my new novel and I'm going to take a couple of weeks off and paint myself to death.

   If it turns out to be great I'll let you know, and conversely, if it's just a load of old c**p I'll tell you.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Labels