Saturday 18 May 2019

What do I do?



I like to think I'm a pretty normal sort of bloke.

    I care for the planet. I recycle whenever possible and I don't toss litter. I don't idle my boss's gas guzzling 5 litre supercharged Ranger Rover when I can turn it off - that's mainly because it uses about a gallon of petrol every twenty minutes, even when I'm not driving. 

    So all in all I'm not too much of a wastrel. Which brings me to my dilemma.

    I realise that I should have stumbled upon this sooner, but perhaps I couldn't really come to terms with the fact that some companies were even more cynical than me.

    A few years ago I bought myself a printer/scanner/copier. I've tried most, and the least worst in my opinion is Epson. It caused me a few problems when I finally moved from XP to Windows 10 when I had to download the new drivers. That apart it works just as well now as it did when I picked it up for a measly forty quid. That should have been my clue.

    It came with a packet of spare cartridges, which are now all gone. So off to the supermarket went I to buy some more. I don't buy them from printer shops - even I'm not that stupid. 

    Seventy five quid just for four cartridges!!

    I've tried everywhere to buy cheaper ones and even tried to get them refilled. No good.

    Either I stick to my planet protecting image and buy a typewriter, or bite the bullet and do exactly what the company wants me to do.

    A curse on their houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels