Wednesday 29 April 2020

Absolutely the worst thing has happened.

Some people are afraid of trifling things: falling off buildings, being bitten by spiders or snakes. Or by slightly less trifling things like being hit by planes, trains or taxes.

    I'm only really terrified of one thing - and it has come to pass.

    Lest you think I've led too sheltered a life, I've been blown up twice and shot once.

    I stopped drinking nearly fifteen years ago - alcohol that is. If I'd quit everything else I'd be a little thirsty by now.

    The aim was (successfully) to lose weight. After I'd lost eighteen kilos, which is a shade under 39 pounds in old money, I was so happy that I didn't do it again. 

    Right now I've been furlough-ing for over six weeks and despite the fact that I'm working out even harder than I've always done, which means a little of my weight gain is possibly muscle, I've put on over three kilos.

    The reason, I absolutely cannot sleep and so I began to drink wine again.

    My quandary: stop drinking and return to my previously skeletal weight of 65 kilos, or keep with the vino and actually sleep for about five hours each night.

    It's a toughy.

  

    I want to go back to work!! And that's never a phrase I ever thought I'd hear myself utter.

2 comments:

Labels