Monday 18 May 2020

Rocket scientist?

I may have mentioned ad-nauseum, that I've been using the time of enforced imprisonment to learn maths.

    I've long known that the people intrinsically good at any given subject, in this question the dratted mathematics, love it. They believe it's beautiful and simple. It's not beautiful, and it's certainly not simple.

    I don't function well with the left side of my brain; maybe it's because of the way I lie in bed, but when asked to perform it usually grunts, mouths an obscenity and goes back to sleep.

    Recently I bought a book of algebra for beginners. It might just as well have been written for beginners in advanced rocket science as I don't understand a word. I know I'm not stupid as I've been building computers ever since the early eighties, although admittedly that's not the same thing.

    Same with YouTube tutorials. Every single one assumes that I know everything about everything before they even start. If that were the case I wouldn't be listening to it, would I.

    But now, after days of swearing and debating whether to get lobotomised, on the off chance that it might increase my IQ, I've stumbled upon a new series of lectures. The teacher speaks to everyone who might be listening as if they were a bunch of retarded gerbils.

    And that's just the way I like it. I'm actually learning things.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels