Monday 7 June 2021

An unexpected gift.

 Someone foolishly very kindly gave me a powerful telescope. I used to have one when I lived in France, but the mirrors didn't survive the trip home. Not that it would have made any difference. There's so much light pollution in my part of England that it's almost impossible to see the moon unless one is standing atop a mountain the middle of winter, miles from civilisation, and on top of a ladder approximately twenty miles high.

    It's going to be cooler tonight, so I'm going to go for a shot of a nebula my previous telescope wouldn't have had to power to see.

    Its M27, or the Dumbbell nebula.

    


    It's always been my fave, and allowing for my tenuous grasp of mathematics, is quite far away at about 7.5 quadrillion miles. 

    I can't wait until winter when my absolute no 1 (Pleiades) will be back.

    I wonder how my photos will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels