Sunday 22 August 2021

And heeeees back.

You'd think that after both building my own, and fixing other people's computers since the late 80's, I'd have a tiny trace of skill. A microscopic nugget. Apparently not. 

    A dodgy windows 10 update did for my machine for over a week. Finally it's working once more, and according to my comp, my sound card is working. It isn't. Neither is the USB sound card I fitted, although, assureth the computer, it's pummelling my ears with 100 percent volume. It's amazing how much the lack of sound can turn me off; and as a result I haven't been near it for a week, mainly because the computer generated subtitles on YouTube are, frankly, rubbish.

    On the plus side, as a result of my deep mining of the registry, it now boots up in three minutes and not the approximately half an hour of two weeks ago.

   


    And it that wasn't bad enough, just a few days ago my phone upgraded itself to Android 11. Before, my battery was like the inside of the TARDIS. No matter how hard I used it, it would always give me at least three days of joyful play. Now, I only have to turn it on and it's down to about 75 percent power. 

    Enough of the whining. I'm finally back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels