Friday 1 October 2021

Off work yet again

 Do you remember those times when most, or a lot of people were laid off work because of Covid?

   And those cretins that bought all the toilet rolls, and pasta, and long life milk because Armageddon had clearly arrived? Now, because of an innocuous story that Esso had a slight shortage of drivers, it's been extrapolated to an absolute absence of petrol everywhere. And now there is an absence because the toilet roll, pasta brigade are now all besieging the petrol stations, jackal-like. To the point where there is no petrol - anywhere. Last week I sat behind a person at 04.30 hrs in the endless queue for the only petrol in the area for two hours. When the garage opened, she spent £4.30 on fuel. 

    So now, as I can't get fuel for my boss' gas guzzling monster, I'm off work yet again.

    Do you remember this from a few weeks ago?

    Well they've been working hard, although I'm not entirely sure that it could be called progress.

    At this rate I won't have to wait a year until my shortcut is back. I'm not even sure I'll live that long.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels