Sunday 6 July 2014

Didn't want to do it, but...




Given my recent sales of this particular book, or lack thereof, I’ve made Three Hoodies Save the world free on Smashwords. Hopefully it will get me some sales for numbers two, and three (which isn’t even published yet. I suspect that giving away books, upon which we’ve slaved for months, for free devalues all Ebooks, yet I see no other option than spending and possibly wasting a lot of money on sites offering/promising incredible results. I don’t have that kind of money, and even if I did I’m not sure I’d spend it like that.
      Amazon is going to be a different proposition. Given their $0.99 minimum I’m hoping their price-match will catch the B/N, Nook etc price courtesy of S/W and drop their price to match. Only time will tell.  Just to be polite I’ve told them what I’ve done. Whether they’ll answer or not remains to be seen.
      The paperback version remains unchanged since I doubt Amazon/CreateSpace would print and send anything for nothing. 


Later. As expected amazon won't let me give it away for nothing unless I join KDP and then only for five days . 
No matter, if anyone wants to try Hoodies one in kindle format, smashwords will have it in Mobi format which just needs a little cutting and pasting.

2 comments:

  1. Amazon. They're downfall when they're like this, but what a great deal for the rest of us when one of your reads is free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They think they've got it made, and they have for now.

    ReplyDelete

Labels