Tuesday 2 June 2015

I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog to "The Literary Peasant."

I know that as a writer I should read a lot. And I do. I've read thousands of books in my life but keep receiving new blog posts in my reading list extolling the virtues of other books, and I haven't read any of them. I know I can't read everything but from the huge lists of new books it almost feels as if I'm reading nothing. Which brings me to another problem. I have a finite amount of time every day, and given the nature of my job, if I can read then I can just as easily be writing. I usually do the latter. Perhaps it's time to give the writing a rest for a while, and I will.

   I'm going to publish the final three books of my three trilogies at the same time later this year, then I'll take a rest. Maybe. I know what will happen, I'll relax with a book only for some great idea to form in my mind, and by the time I've worried it to death and found it to be wrong, or too short to make a complete novel I will have already thought of something else and go through the whole process all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Take a rest? hahahahahaha You're an author. Muses don't go on vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Labels