Monday 16 May 2016

A sentence I'd never expected to hear.


I mentioned a while ago that my beloved wife had lost her engagement ring. Notice the complete absence of expletives there?
    Anyway, the insurance adjusters called me today and began with the usual spiel about how diamond prices fluctuate all the time and are more expensive now, and even though everything increases in price, they inevitably decreased in value. blah blah, blah.
    I waited  in subdued fury until half way through as she took a breath, but was unable to say something that might have resulted in my arrest.
    "However, that's not the case here." I gulped in a breath of my own. "In the thirty years since you bought it, I'm happy to inform you that the value of your ring has doubled and we'll get one back to you commensurate with that value within one month."
    She might have said a lot more but I didn't hear it because I was blubbering like a girl.
    It's going to cost me a £100 excess but what I'm getting in comparison is more than worth it.
    The next time my wife so much as blinks with that ring on I'll strap her to the sofa and refuse to let her out of the house; and as for what next year's insurance premiums are going to be, I don't even want to think about it.
    However, wifey is happy and apparently that makes up for everything.

3 comments:

  1. Well, it's good news at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here is real love. She offered to sell it so that I could have the Harley I've always wanted. I said no thank you - eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Labels