Saturday 13 May 2017

A windows update messed up my night.

I wasted the whole night waiting for my computer to download the latest Windows update. Did I get any choice? Not on your nelly.
    After using more than the entire output of the Hoover dam and three abortive attempts, I finally resolved the issues with whatever I just downloaded. Creators edition or some such nonsense.
    It must be good I thought, because its about half a billion exabytes of data.
    Wrong. Apart from some pathetic 3d imagining rubbish I can't see any difference from before. And what the hell is groove music? Which I can't have, anyway unless I pay more money than I could earn in a month.
    Ho hum. At least it was free. I suppose I ought to copy it to my seagate just in case it all crashes. What I should say is for when it crashes as Windows is hardly the most stable platform ever invented. I just hope it fixed that shut down bug that came with anniversary edition.
    If you've got that by the way, the best way to shut the machine down, with the exception of a sledge hammer, is to go into processes, Ctrl+alt+delete. Wait for it to settle down to less than five percent, then press Alt +F4. It might be old school but it always (mostly ) works for me.
    So, back to my writing. Today's target for my clumsy sort-of hero is MI5. I'm going to have some fun there, but just in case I disappear one night pretty soon, you'll all know that it's not a good idea to mess with the boys from Thames House. That's in London by the way, pretty near to, as the name implies, the river Thames.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels