Sunday 16 July 2017

The curse of the panster.

As I may have mentioned, I'm writing a new novel. I'm also a panster, which means that usually/sometimes the books trundle along in vaguely the direction I'm shepherding them. That doesn't always happen of course and this time is one of them.

    Sods Law was supposed to be a parody. Some suggestive language and (hopefully) funny parts dotted along the way.

    Unfortunately, or fortunately, it's taking on a life of its own. Usually I love this because I don't mind the novel writing itself. But it looks as though, if I continue as is, then come the first edit, I'll have to remove all the comedic elements I wrote earlier. For the people who've read any of my earlier books they'll know that my (alleged) humour is highly juvenile, which is the way I like it. My wife always said I never grew up.

    But as usual I'm going with the flow. There's always time for childish humour in another book. If blood must flow then so be it.

    Perhaps there's a way of combining both. I'll look into that as well. 

    I love writing.

    I can't end a post without whining about something. Chrome keeps crashing. either I take a sledge hammer to my PC or find another browser. Which is better than Chrome?

6 comments:

  1. Try Canary. It's also by Google and is their test platform that often works better weirdly. Also blood and humor can work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog posts do that! This week I started off talking about Walter Crane, Kate Greenaway, Randolph Caldecott and Arthur Rackham and ended up writing about you (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peasant here. I've never heard of any of them. I'll take a look soonest

      Delete
  3. I refuse to use Chrome. It gave me nothing but trouble. Hey, I love your humor and your writing. This new book sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First draft is almost finished. It will take a lot of editing. It's full of that weird English humour.

    ReplyDelete

Labels