Thursday 31 August 2017

It's finally finished.

Sod's Law is finally rit.

    When I say finished, what I mean is that the first draft is finished. It's only 85k words which is a little light for me but no doubt as I start filling in details on the edits it'll flesh out a bit.

    As I predicted and like always when I write a new novel the end is slightly different from how I envisioned it, but I think it's better this way.

     Now I'll take a few weeks off then begin the first of the countless rewrites when it might completely change again. 

    I'm still not entirely sure about the cover. Some people might think it's a bit rude, and even with that it's a little spartan. Now that I've got time to play with my new painting program I might just add something to it. Dunno. For now I'm just happy that it's done. 

    With luck I hope to publish it in about six months.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the first draft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The whole thing is a departure for me. I hope people think it was worth the bother.

    ReplyDelete

Labels