Thursday 28 May 2020

It must be a new world record

I usually fix any incidental breakages on my motorbikes myself. Not because I'm particularly good at it, but because, as my wife says, I'd make Scrooge look like an extravagant fool. She actually uses a rather unnecessary expletive, but she's like that.

    What feels like a decade or so ago I was just beginning a three week holiday on the second week of March and wouldn't be requiring my bikes. And, as it was a tiny little job, I put one of my hogs in the bike shop to have the brake seals replaced. Thirty minutes labour tops, giving me a paltry charge of about 30 quid.

    The parts didn't arrive.

    No problem I thought, I'm on holiday.

    They didn't arrive the second day, either. On the third day our adored Prime Minister closed Britain down.

    Now, finally, almost three sodding months later, my bike is fixed. It took, according to the mechanic, 23 minutes to do the job, just before he charged me for an hour's labour. I could have had the bike back any time in the last two weeks, but with a seized back brake, the journey home would have been, well, difficult.

    Now I have two bikes again. Yaaaaayyy!!

    The only downside is that I'm not allowed out, except to buy food, and said Prime Minister said that if he had to, he would enforce our imprisonment. This is Britain, and as far I'm aware, the only way he could do that was by introducing martial law. I wouldn't like that. So I'll just polish them until my arms fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels