Thursday 18 June 2020

Found my mutation

After several fruitless days of Googling, Binging, Yandexing and Duck go going, I finally resorted to something from the last century. Yes, I actually picked up an encyclopaedia. T'was there (sticking with the antediluvian spelling) that I found exactly what I was looking for. Pretty lucky as well, as the other twenty three volumes presumably found their last resting place in the council tip before I was born.

    I found my mutation, or the mutation for my monsters. No, no spoiler alert as I still haven't found out how I'm going to utilise said metamorphosis. However, if real creatures can do it, then mine can too, so there!

    Again, whilst my characters are in a different countries, I'm happy to use local vernacular, but as always, the spelling presents a problem. I can hardly keep changing spelling with every character so I've decided to continue doing what I always do. Make my subjects sound as real as they would where they are, but keeping with British English spellings. Cos' I'm British, innit? Hopefully people will just grit their teeth and continue.

    Right, back to chapter fourteen - or should that be forteen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels