Friday 12 June 2020

A bit of research

As all writers know there must be at least an element of truth even in the most outlandish of SF or horror fiction - which actually describes  all my novels perfectly.

    During the earlier of my Kongomato series, I had to find a way for them to mutate, which involved laborious research into whether real creatures were, or could become hermaphroditic. It would have helped, or course, if I'd gone about it the right way. But finally I did, and found two such creatures. There may be more but it doesn't matter since I found what I was looking for.

    I'm now well into the forth and final novel and I have to find something on Earth that can do the most incredibly amazing, or truly horrifying thing to itself which doesn't involve changing gender. I'm looking forward to it because the ending of this one the last has to be truly spectacular. I could just make it up of course but that wouldn't be right. Because if I did I could just as well have herds of man eating telephone kiosks roaming the planet.

    I'll find it, and when I do there will be blood on an epic scale.

    Yummy.

  Not like this of course; that's just one of my old paintings. Something even more 'orrible.

    And why does my left shift key always give up the ghost in just a few months. Now I'll have to buy yet another sodding keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels