Tuesday 9 March 2021

Signs of age.

 I did a day's work yesterday, since I'm on so-called flexible furlough. It was only a short-ish day, just twelve hours.

    Today I'm absolutely (insert your own expletive) exhausted. Every day of the furlough so far, nearly a year, I've run and worked out. I thought I was still fit, although not as fit as I was in the military some decades ago, but still pretty good for my age.

    Just to illustrate my extreme state fatigue when we finally got back, I slammed the Ranger Rover door onto my thumb. It was a good thing my boss had gone into the house by that time as it took almost my entire allotment of willpower to stop myself from screaming like a little girl. It's probably a good thing I'm not working for another few days as my thumb is about the size of a medium sausage, and very black.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels