Friday 12 February 2021

I've finally got it.

Not Covid, thankfully. Yesterday I had the first jab. I decided that I wouldn't have it in my mouse arm but in my left, just in case it fell off during the night.

    What I've contracted is creative inertia. That's complete bone-idle laziness in real terms. After what seems, and actually is, nearly a year of lockdown, I've lost the energy to do anything.

    Sitting on my hard drive are two half completed novels, and I just can't find the spark to finish them. Even a less than subtle hint from she-who-must-be-obeyed to cut off a piece of me that I hold dear, was barely frightening enough to shunt me back into action. 

    Time to take the bull by the horns. There's a bottle of California's finest in the fridge. I'll try to summon the energy to drink it.


    Everything will be back to normal tomorrow. I'll start painting the covers for the books I've yet to finish. That should spur me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels