Wednesday 31 March 2021

It never rains

 It's hard to decipher the smile on a doctor's face. 

    Even from behind the Covid mask the glint in her eyes was easy to see.

    "Yes", she said, brandishing my lab results, "It's an in-situ melanoma", she said, "and harmless". Then informed me that the scar on my wrist, which is healing quite nicely, had to reopened, and enlarged, lest some naughty, errant piece of the melanoma had made a break for freedom where it might brew into something really nasty.

    My request to know why they hadn't just done that in the first place was met with that sweeping expression of disdain you get from all doctors when being asked to explain something, which to them is self evident.



    Then, after a second full body examination, which the same doctor had already performed two weeks ago, she told me that at the same time as my wrist was to be gouged open again in two weeks, they would also use the time to remove three more melanoma on my back that she'd missed the first time.

    I'm getting a little bored with this. And I now have to wait at least a month to find out if the new ones are melanoma or carcinoma. 

    Then, if they hopefully are harmless, presumably wait another two weeks after that to have more of my back sliced open.

On the plus side. 

I'll try to think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels