Monday 5 April 2021

Eas-ation of lockdown

 That's not my bad grammar. I heard it on the radio yesterday just before commencing a whole day's work. I was exhausted after it which is probably a result of doing so little for so long.

    As for the easing, or partial relaxation of lockdown, people are just as brainless as they always are. I spent some hours near to a venue where people turned up to be entertained. Not just in small groups as specified by our beloved govt, but thousands of them all (righteously) eager to be out. Of just the five hundred or so I saw entering the front gate before fleeing, about seven were wearing masks.

    On the way back, central London appeared to be in full swing, and of the untold thousands of people milling around, about seven of those were wearing masks. That includes those going into or coming out of cafe's and restaurants, or standing around in groups, swigging from wine and beer bottles bought from supermarkets as the pubs are still closed.

    I wonder how long this eas-ation will last before yet another lockdown becomes necessary.

    I suspect about a month. Am I just an old cynic?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels