Tuesday 14 August 2012

After thirty hours and ten Red bulls




I was up all night. I re-edited it backwards, checking every single word. I know, just like I should have done the first time. But now, finally, Three Hoodies Save The world 1 is fixed properly. I'm almost happy with it. I'll upload it tomorrow to Kindle.

   I've withdrawn the CreateSpace paperback from sale. This the first and hopefully last time that I'm glad I haven't actually sold any paperbacks yet. In a few days I'll begin the process of converting it to their complicated software again. Or maybe I won't. I only did it in the first place so I could have one myself. In London it would have cost me over a hundred pounds to get a print run and that would have been ten copies. If I had blown all that money I would have had to toss the lot away.

   All this means of course that I'll have to go over Three Hoodies 2 again, and perhaps again. It's hard enough to get sales; even harder if people think you're an amateur who can't even take enough care to make it error proof. I don't want to be one of those people buggering it up for all Indie authors.

   So Hoodies 2 will have to wait another few weeks; or as long as it takes. I have the rest of my life to finish it. I'm not going to rush any longer. After all, it's not as if people are beating down my door.

2 comments:

  1. Editing. Worse than a thorn in the ...
    It never seems to end, and just when you think it's perfect, there's more errors.
    Hey, I have faith in you. Someday they will be beating down your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's not the boys from Amazon after I add it to smashwords.

    ReplyDelete

Labels