Saturday 14 June 2014

Done again - or I will be if I don't stop writing.



I may just have said this before but I’ve finished the ten millionth or so edit of Spawn Of Kongomato. Hurray!
    Except that I still noticed a lot of mistakes, so just because I’m a real dweeb according to She who must not be annoyed, I’m going to begin all over again. I’m so looking forward to editing the other three novels which are still waiting impatiently, screaming accusingly at me. But finally I think I've almost  got it. One more run through shouldn’t take more than a week or two – maybe.
    I quite like this one. It’s really the first of my novels that I have liked. Whether that’s a good thing or not remains to be seen, but I’m determined not to let this one go out with a single mistake. I really should get someone to tie my hands behind my back because I’ve already begun another one. Another swerve into the supernatural. I’m beginning to get the hang of it now. No PG this one; it’s going to be R all the way through. Can’t wait. I may have completed the cover for it already. A bit rough but a little reminder of how it will begin.

    That tree on the right will have to go. And the one on the left. Can’t think what I was thinking about when I drew them. come to think of it I won’t be thinking, or doing anything pretty soon, according to my wife. She's of the opinion that not being able to see out of the kitchen window for the grass is a bad thing. It’s only five feet tall. Some people would pay for such a glorious lawn.

4 comments:

  1. R rated? That lets me out, unless someone is in the room with me the entire time I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be that bad. Strike that, it will. Not for gore's sake but just because the story requires it to impart the sheer malevolence of the creature which must be destroyed - or will it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me Roger, good luck with the editing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Almost finished. Although I seem to recall saying that five edits ago.

    ReplyDelete

Labels