Thursday, 30 July 2015


I proofed my newest entry to Amazon before I uploaded it and everything was fine. Now that it's published, it's less than fine. I'm really not sure what goes on during the conversion but I've found a lot of graphics on the wrong page, or widows and orphans littering the entire collection. I'm at work for a few days so as soon as I finish I'll have to reformat it - again, so people don't think I'm a complete amateur.

    Just once I'd like something to be easy.

   Getting into trouble is easy; upsetting my wife is easy, and really, really annoying my daughter is a piece of cake.

    But then, if it was simple it wouldn't be as much fun, I suppose.


    I did it again seven more times and it's still not perfect.

    And some of my text has turned blue!!!!!

Note to myself:           Never, ever write a book for Kindle with images...did I say never?

And now my wife wants to know why I haven't painted the house - I've had almost an hour. 


  1. So sorry to hear about your struggles! I wish I had some helpful advice for you. We put up Fairday's Riddles for people to get on ereaders and the book has images. I had to go in and change the formatting so that at the end of each chapter I did "Insert Page Break" and that seemed to help my formatting a lot because before that it was a hot mess, even though it always looked fine on my end. Not sure if that will help you at all- but I thought I would through it out there. :) Good luck!

  2. Thanks for answering. I tried the trusty old page break which I usually do for my novels, but it didn't work. So now the copy of I have on Word is completely different from that on Kindle because I had to use the amazon book previewer software as a means of final formatting.It's really odd but I finally did it.
    Never again.

  3. I ended up sending them a pdf version, and it worked. Their conversion was difficult to work with.

  4. Perhaps I'll try that if there is a next time, thanks