Friday 26 February 2016

Completely pointless conversation pt1

As previously mentioned, for the first time in twenty five years I decided not to build, but buy a computer. The machine I bought isn't bad but needs more RAM (temporary memory) to give it a little more byte - sorry. This job could be performed by a retarded mullet in about three minutes; and that includes taking off the back of the machine.

    I thus went to a closer branch of the shop than where I bought it, the largest  computer chain in England and proceeded to the tecky section - the part where all the alleged nerds work.


    "I bought a computer last week and it needs more RAM. Would I be correct in assuming that doing it myself would invalidate the warranty?"  I had to say this a second time to the young lady more interested in the rear end of  a male shopper than my mundane request.


    "Yeah, that would bugger the warranty." I didn't know that particular word was a nerdy phrase. I'll have to remember.


    "So if I bring it here will you do it?"

    
    "No."

    "Why?"


    "Cos' that'll bugger the warranty."


    "So can I send it back to ******, then?"


    '"You could."


    "Oh, good."


    "But they won't do it because it'll bugger the warranty."  Becoming a teensy bit narked now I asked as politely as I could what I should do.


    "Well, you could take it to an authorised computer repair shop."


    "But I've been doing it myself for twenty five years."


    "Yeah, but they're authorised."  I was past a teensy bit annoyed now and approaching pi**** off.


   "So will that be alright then, if I take it to a properly authorised repair shop?" I asked happily.


    "No. that will bugger the warranty.'


    More to follow when I've stopped biting the keyboard.


 

1 comment:

Labels