Saturday 16 February 2019

A little change - I thought.

I've been watching some tutorials on YouTube recently.

    Painting with coloured pencils looked so easy - forgetting that painting with Gimp looked easy about ten years ago before I tried.

  Thus I purchased from Amazon a folder full of gloriously coloured pencils, erasers, knives and everything I needed to get going.

    Two weeks later, the pencils, the paper, and all the gizmos I bought with them are now in the hands of my grand daughter, who's making a far better job of drawing than I managed, and she's never even heard of the word perspective.

    I'm really upset with the mayor of London. Because of him and his new plan to cut all motorised vehicles from entering London, I had to sell my bestest motorbike because it failed the new impossibly stringent emission laws. And because the bike shop knew why I was selling it, along with umpteen thousand other bikers with the same problem, I got next to nothing for it.


    Standing behind me in the queue for a new tyre from my boss' Range Rover a couple of days ago was a copper. He was getting the puncture repaired on his squad car. He told me that half the cop cars are going to fail aforementioned emission laws, meaning that in order to use them the police force will have to pay both the Emission charge £12.50 per day) plus the congestion charge ($12.00 per day), from which they are currently exempt,  

    The Metropolitan police force cannot afford to buy several hundred new police cars because the geezer controlling the budget won't give them the money. And who's controlling the budget for the police - you guessed it. The mayor.

    He's not calling it a tax of course since the mayor isn't legally allowed to impose taxes. So he's just calling it a charge -  just like the Congestion tax/charge introduced a few years ago, which simply gives the mayor a lot more money without reducing the traffic in London by so much as a jot. 

    Pretty soon he'll be taxing, sorry, charging for hot air. If so he'll have to charge himself because he's full of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels