Tuesday 29 October 2019

Sorry for my absence but I've been on a mission.

Apologies for not posting for a while now. This is partly because I never get time anymore. 



   My daily routine in short: get home really later. Option a: actually speak to my wife for the first time in two days. Option b: eat, sleep and don't see her again for another three days.

    As she recently reminded me (with a sharp knife close to hand), it's our wedding anniversary in a few weeks; either the 35th or 36th. Can't remember which although it always seems so important the fairer sex.

    So I began my newest project at work, where I get quite a lot of time to myself.

    I learnt C, and C# and Python, and now I'm half way through learning C++.

    On the basis that in order to write fiction, one has to be factually correct in most things lest someone complains, as they did in one of my Three Hoodies books, that I'd created a paradox and how was I going to get out of it etc etc.

    I have an idea, quite a good one I think for a novel concerning a programmer so engrossed in his work that he doesn't realise he's responsible for... but enough of that. I'm going to keep it for myself.

    I'll be glad when I'm finished the research - I'm dreaming about classes and variables.

    On the plus side, I'll always be able to code my own Pac Man game.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, learning is always great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but too much too quickly.I'll let it settle in before I begin the new one.

    ReplyDelete

Labels