Wednesday 8 April 2020

The research for my new novel is complete - ish

I haven't written for over a year and as much as I try, I just can't start my new one.

    I only realised last night at about 3.am just what was wrong.

    I usually do most of my writing at work; cursing my Bluetooth keyboard for being so slow, and at the same time relieved that the pause between me stopping and anything actually happening on the screen is giving me time to think.

    Then when I get home I open the email I'd sent myself, copy/paste it into my MS and and tart it up a little.

    Either I'm reluctant to change my routine, or I'm just being lazy. After twenty novels, maybe it's time to find something else to do. I'm quite enjoying the computer languages.

    I'll know in about two weeks when my month's so-called 'furlough' either ends or becomes permanent and I begin searching for alternative employment.

    In the meantime I've begun using the newest incarnation of GIMP I downloaded months ago and haven't tried yet. 

    Here's my new effort. No filters, no embellishments. I didn't do a Bob Ross and paint it to death this time; I simply stopped when it seemed finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels