Wednesday 16 September 2020

Five down and ???? more to go

 I've just finished the fifth edit of Kongomato 4

    As always, it's amazing that I keep picking up errors I should have picked on edits 1 to 4.

It's beginning to shape nicely. And that's in no small part to an free on-line punctuation checker I discovered. It doesn't see spelling errors, or errant capitals and full stops but it does remind my of my proclivity for adjectives and nags me unceasingly, just like my English language teacher used to, about following conjunctions with commas. Although, just as with him, I still don't believe it's been engraved in stone that it must be done every single time.

     I'm back on furlough again in a couple of weeks. I'll use the time to finish and publish it. I still don't know if I'll ever write another. I decided that twenty was enough for me, but as I'd already begun and abandoned it the year before, I had to finish. There again, I still have five unfinished novels, two of which are on floppy disc. Does that mean I'll still be doing this til the day I die? I could think of worse things to do.



    I've been staring longingly at this, wot I drew with some software a couple of years ago. We weren't allowed to go on holiday this year so this is the closest thing I'll get to the sea in the near future, no doubt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels