Thursday 3 September 2020

Finished the cover for my new novel, definitely.

I think.

    I don't do layers. There are two reasons for this. Real painters don't have layers, so they have to get it right first time.

    There's another reason. I don't understand them. I've tried zillions of times to get layers right. Occasionally it works and what I paint looks (reasonably) good. Then when I try to do it again, exactly the same way, it won't work the next time.

   My wife, (She who must be obeyed) has always said I'm a dumbkopf, although her language has always been a little more obscene than mine, because I'm a good boy.

    Anyhow, enough messing about. This is mark v1 and is absolutely the final cover for my new novel - probably.



    Maybe I am a ****** because I just cannot insert images into my blog with the new improved version. Maybe I should get a new, improved version of me.

4 comments:

  1. I can't come close to doing covers myself, so don't feel bad--of course, I have my wife for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always gives me a generalised "yes that's great, darling" without even looking at it.

      Delete
    2. Well, maybe that's for the best! I mean, it beats her hating everything.

      Delete

Labels