Monday 1 March 2021

This must be a great doctor

 A long time ago I spent nearly a decade in the south of France. To my shame I must confess that I was careless in the extreme about my sun block. It's not exactly Death Valley, but 40 degrees C (that's 104 Fahrenheit) was not that uncommon, especially on the sea, where I worked driving a boat, and somewhere that the ultra violet radiation was much stronger. Anyway, when I came home I stopped all that stupidity and never go out in the sun without factor 50.

    Enough waffle. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to examine a mole on my arm that has progressively grown, and grown at a different colour from the original mole-like hue it's always been.

    The only thing is, due to Covid, my appointment is on the phone. I really don't want to state the obvious, but how the ******** is he going to determine if it's a melanoma just from listening to my cheery voice? I know the NHS is good, but really?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels