Sunday 31 March 2019

Got myself a new phone and...

The other day I bought myself a new mobile (that's what we call cell phones over here). 

    Because I'm a clumsy oaf they only last me a year, and that's if I'm extra careful. I use it all day long and especially the satnav part. I work in London every day but every week the landscape changes almost a hundred percent - especially about now, when the financial year is about to end. This is the time when the different borough councils have to waste all their remaining money in order to get at least the same amount from the government as they did last year.

    To that end I bought a fast and powerful phone with a battery that's going to last me at least twenty minutes - a real problem since the cigarette lighters in my car don't work, meaning that I can't charge it on the go; and I keep losing the small battery packs which luckily only cost me a few quid at the supermarket.

    After four hours of faffing about, my pristine new machine was set up: eight core processor, squillions of RAM and a decent amount of memory. Great I thought, I can download and install an app on the same day instead of waiting til I have have a beard like I did on the last phone which I accidentally dropped and drove over last week.

    'Let's go onto Youtube' I mused with a self satisfied chuckle, 'and see what other people think of my new phone which didn't cost me the earth and half of my sanity to buy.'



    "A good entry level machine with mediocre specs which should be alright for the less- than-choosy user."

    Sod 'em. I think it's a good machine, and at least I didn't sell my soul for a new iphone which would probably last me about a week, or a Samsung which will cost more than my house and be larger than my marital bed.

    I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels