Sunday 23 August 2020

I didn't get much sleep last night so I painted.

A whole night of sleeplessness left me with lots to do, so I started painting the cover for my new book. 

    After after almost a whole bottle of wine I came up with this, on the basis that the style has to look similar to all the covers preceding it. I may keep it or do another.

    For the tracers, I finally gave up on all the clever tutorials on layer masks and all the other stuff I couldn't understand, and put a ruler on my tablet, then just drew along them. Some of them are a bit wobbly, but then attacked by hoards of flying lizards my aim might not have been all it should be. I think the writing may be a bit dark, but this time I finally kept an Xcf file meaning I can go back and sort it out. 

    Tomorrow it's back to rewrite number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels